logged another 77km on the TCR1 today - nice day. Started out ffffrigin cccccfreezing but warmed up to about 18 degrees quickly and in doing so revealed yet another advantage to the trike - it's ability to easily handle various clothing articles draped over the seat, tucked between the seat and the main boom and hanging off the rear pivot. I passed a coyote foraging in the bush right beside me - in a trike you are eye-level with most of the wildlife rather than towering above them in a more suitably superior manner....
I stopped by the airport to visit Shane at Innovative Wings who has just completed building my new Aircam - a twin engine open cockpit short take-off and landing airplane. We should be ready for the first test flight soon. And when I say "we" I mean Shane. The Aircam was designed for an Imax film of the African rain forest. Maximum visibility, slow air speed, STOL characteristics and the redundancy of two engines. Shane is helping with the carbon fiber fairing.
My best buddy - John Mackay enjoying a brisk spin on TC !!
T ' DEW LIST:
1. Buy and install right brake
2. Invent new cable tensioner to allow more steering bar turn radius 3. Add front derailleur
4. Order 20mm axle bolts for the rear wheels (I'm using 1/2 inch now which isn't right) 5. Design and machine 2 seat mounts out of aluminum to replace current steel ones (e-machineshop.com) LATER.
6. Design and machine 2 steering tensioners out of alum to replace LATER
7. Order a new front wheel! (Helen is kind of upset that I am user her Zipp race wheel!)
8. Start work on the first fairing
9. Invent steering stiffener 10. Add larger chain ring
and modify chain stays 11. Make clamp-on out riggers and try to flip it
12. Fabricate new steering bar (aluminum or composite?) or rework existing
13. Lathe an aluminum collar for .5" hub axles.
14. Design and build a trainer to fit mag trainer.
15. Replace steel cables with Kevlar
16. Crotch guard / fender
17. Narrow chain stays to allow foot to clear
18. fix derailleur
19. crank hitting chain stay
20. chain stay frame flex?
21. Narrow, high density foam for seat
22. Make front quick release safety 23. Change steer cable sheaves to Pete Heals idea
24. Add missing and new webs
|TOTAL distance on TCR1|
To receive these daily reports by email, click here.
Click here to go to the HOME PAGE